- Cook the onion, fennel and herbs.
- Add the potatoes, butterbeans and stock.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Blend the soup, serve up and enjoy!
- Whenever we’re cooking with fennel we like to save the fronds as they make a tasty and pretty garnish plus you’re cutting down on food waste (it’s a win-win).
- The secret to a delicious soup is using a good quality stock that has a delicious depth of flavour so the soup doesn’t taste bland. We like to make our own chicken stock or if using store-bought we like to choose one from the chilled section of the supermarket.
- You can puree this soup until completely smooth like we did or you can leave it a little chunkier if you’d prefer.
This recipe serves four, if you’re cooking for two simply halve the recipe.