- Cook the broccoli.
- Make the pesto.
- Cook the pasta.
- Add the pesto to the pasta with a little pasta water.
- Sprinkle over some extra parmesan, serve up and enjoy!
- When cooking the broccoli, you want it to get nice and charred and crispy but if you find it’s sticking to the pan or getting too charred on the outside before being cooked through then add a little water as this will speed up the cooking process as it creates steam.
- Make sure you reserve a little pasta water to stir through with the pesto at the end, the salty, starchy water helps the pesto stick to the pasta and makes it silky and delicious.
- Depending on the size of the broccoli you use, you might need to add a little more olive oil to the pesto.
This recipe serves four, if you’re cooking for two you can halve the recipe but we recommend making the full amount of pesto as It’s delicious as a dip, stirred through salads or to make pesto eggs.