- Pickle the onions
- Make the nacho mince mixture.
- Add the chips to a large tray, and scatter over the mince and cheese.
- Grill for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add all the toppings.
- Serve up and enjoy!
- You want to make sure the mince has nicely browned before adding the remainder of the ingredients as you don’t want the mince to taste stewed.
- This recipe calls for ¼ cup of stock or water. We always like to have some stock frozen in ice cubes in the freezer to easily add to dishes like this but water is also fine.
- We like to use mutti crushed tomatoes - they are rich in flavour and not as watery as many varieties. If your crushed tomatoes are little watery, we recommend adding another tbsp or two of tomato paste to add richness to the mince.
- Swap picked onion for some finely diced red onion in the smashed avocado.
Meal prep guide - if you followed the meal prep guide you would have already chopped the veggies and pickled the onion.
This recipe serves four, if you’re cooking for two simply halve the recipe.