- Start by cooking the quinoa.
- Prepare the braised chickpeas and sweet potato.
- Cook the halloumi.
- Top with almonds, halloumi, dollops of yoghurt and coriander; serve alongside the quinoa and enjoy!
- Add more water (or stock) If you would like thinner consistency. If you would like a thicker consistency, continue to simmer with the lid off for a few minutes.
- This dish is freezer friendly, freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost before reheating, this ensures the vegetables and chickpeas don't go “mushy.”
Meal prep guide - if you followed the meal prep guide you would have already made the spice blend and chopped the sweet potatoes.
This recipe serves four if you’re cooking for two, half the recipe.
To reduce food waste we recommend:
- Use 1 small onion or shallot.
- Omit the tomato paste and water, and use one 1 can of tinned tomatoes.
- Use only 1 variety of sweet potato.
- Make our crispy chickpeas with the remaining chickpeas, these are delicious salad toppers or could even replace the roasted almond in this dish.