- Start by preheating the oven to 200 degrees celsius, fan bake.
- Roast the pumpkin.
- Prepare the burnt butter sage leaves.
- Prepare the dressing for the salad.
- Make a start on the risotto, adding the roasted pumpkin halfway through.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir in the butter, feta, lemon zest and juice.
- Serve risotto between four bowls alongside the rocket salad.
- Serve risotto immediately as it will continue to thicken as it sits.
- Arborio rice is the best rice for risottos. Its starchy outer layer helps to absorb the stock and plump up, as well as releasing starch into the cooking liquid creating a creamy thick sauce.
- Arborio rice should not be rinsed or you will remove its starch, which helps create that iconic creamy risotto consistency.
- White wine is often in risotto - added after toasting the rice. It adds a subtle hint of acidity to the dish to balance the richness. If you have some wine in the house, be sure to throw it in.
Meal prep guide - if you followed the meal prep guide you would have already chopped the pumpkin.
This recipe serves four, if you’re cooking for two simply half the recipe - swap 1 brown onion for a small brown onion or shallot.