- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, fan bake.
- Blend the coconut cream and lemongrass sauce.
- Add the rice, coconut cream, lemongrass sauce, and stock to a baking dish and nestle in the chicken drumsticks.
- Cook for 1 hour 10-20 minutes.
- Prepare the smashed cucumber salad.
- Serve up and enjoy!
- Rinse the rice thoroughly before adding it to the cooking liquid, this helps to remove excess starch on the rice - resulting in fluffier rice.
- Lightly smashing the cucumbers isn’t just for fun - it actually helps create a greater and better surface area (though more cracks and crevices) for the dressing to be absorbed, which means overall more flavour for every mouthful.
- Instead of making the coconut cream and lemongrass sauce, blend 1-2 Tbsp of good quality green or red Thai curry paste with the coconut cream.
- Swap out the chicken drumsticks for thighs as they will take less time to cook (see variations below).
Meal prep guide - if you followed the meal prep guide you would have already blended the coconut cream and lemongrass sauce, roasted the cashews and made the dressing for the cucumber salad.
This recipe serves four, if you’re cooking for two simply halve the recipe. To prevent food waste we recommend using the full tin of coconut milk and about ¼ cup of water or stock.