This meal does have a few components, but you don't need to get overwhelmed - just read over the breakdown, you can see it's all pretty simple.
- Start by preheating the oven to 200 degrees celsius, fan bake.
- Make the pickled onions.
- Cook the chicken and the cauliflower at the same time.
- Cook the rice.
- While the chicken, cauliflower and rice are cooking, prepare everything else, the garlic feta sauce, hummus and the greens.
- Time to assemble, place a portion of each competent onto a plate and then drizzle with the garlic feta sauce.
- If you made recipe 002. you would have already prepared the pickled onion, so luckily that component will be done. If you haven't made them and you are short on time, just serve with finely sliced red onion.
- Finely slicing the cauliflower can get messy, so we like to slice it inside the tray I am roasting it in, then when we get to the core and it is more manageable, we will finely slice on a chopping board. You can also blitz it in a food processor if you have one.
- Roasting the chicken smooth side down means we expose the rough side directly to the heat allowing all the fattier and darker parts of the mean to get super crispy and slightly charred.
- If you are short on time you can use your favourite store-bought hummus.
Meal prep guide - if you followed the meal prep guide you would have already made the pickled onions, hummus and garlic feta sauce.
This recipe serves four, if you’re cooking for two simply halve the recipe. We recommend still making the full portion of hummus to prevent food waste. Add to salads, sandwiches or serve with grilled meats.